Midnight Showing: ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’
A couple of quick thoughts about nothing at all actually related to the plot of the movie, as a full review will be coming later today.
- The movie was good. And when I say good, I’m saying it like, “It was goooOOoooooooooooOooooDddd.” I know you know what I’m talking about now that I’ve spelled it out for you.
- My brother, whom I “dragged” to see the film with me (whatever, bro, I sat through ‘The Green Lantern’ with you so you basically owe me a lifetime of watching whatever movie I want – and it’s not like you aren’t a comic book hoarder), took issue with Andrew Garfield’s hair and whether or not it could all believably fit beneath Spidey’s mask.
- While he was focusing heavily on that beautiful coif, I was busy trying to recount all the movies Martin Sheen has died in. I decided his death in ‘The Departed’ was by far the best. Brings tears to my eyes. But then again that could also have something to do with the sheer amount of deaths that happen in that movie in the span of .0658 seconds.
- Speaking of coifs, Emma Stone is gorgeous no matter what her hair looks like – yes, that includes her hair in ‘The Help.’ That shit was terrible and she still looked gorgeous. I can totally see why Andrew broke up with Shannon Woodward for that girl. (Sorry, Shannon, you still totally rule on ‘The Riches’ and ‘Raising Hope.’)
- Sally Field got old, who knew?
- I loved the humor and sarcasm that the Sam Raimi trilogy lacked.
- Andrew Garfield’s physique looks smashing in spandex.
OK, full review coming later, kiddos. I have to get back to my “job” now.